The FTSE 100 opened higher on Tuesday as market sentiment shows signs of recovery. The Morning Roundup includes trading updates from Greggs and Legal & General, as well as Wizz Air reporting its traffic statistics for the last month.
- Wizz Air reported its September traffic and CO2 emission statistics.
- Wizz Air transported approximately 4.57 million passengers, an increase of 51.5% compared to the prior year.
- Its capacity also jumped 36.9% higher to 5.25 million.
- Finally, the company reported a 12,7% drop in CO2 emissions to 55.3 grams per passenger/kilometer.
- Greggs reported its Q3 trading update, sending its shares 7.53% higher.
- Total sales were up 14.6% for the 13 weeks to 1 October, and like-for-like sales in company-managed shops rose 9.7%.
- Greggs stated they continue to trade well in an environment where cost pressures are significant. The group expects the full-year outcome to be in line with its previous expectations.
- The board of Made has now entered into non-disclosure agreements and begun discussions with several interested parties.
- These interested parties will be invited to put forward non-binding proposals in the middle of October.
- The board will make aware to the interested parties that the company requires aggregate funding in the region of £45-£70 million over the next 18 months.
Legal & General
- Legal and General shares are trading higher this morning after its recent trading statement.
- The company has maintained its positive momentum in the first half of the year and is continuing to deliver into H2.
- The group expects to deliver full-year operating profit growth in line with the growth delivered in H1.