UK stocks are set to open flat on Monday as investors begin the week slightly uncertain. The FTSE 100 futures are up 0.03% so far, although other European futures are trading slightly lower this morning.
As for the Morning Roundup, the latest news comes from Vodafone, Serica Energy and Avon Protection.
- Vodafone’s Chief Executive has announced he is stepping down.
- Nick Read has agreed with the board that he will step down as Chief Executive and as a Director of Vodafone on 31 December.
- Margherita Della Valle has been appointed interim Group Chief Executive.
- Serica Energy announced its operations update on Monday.
- The group reported total production of 28,977 boe/d in November, a slight increase from October.
- Meanwhile, full-year production is expected to be within the guidance of 26,000 and 28,000 boe/d.
- In addition, commodity prices have remained strong during the second half, although are somewhat lower in October and November.
- Avon Protection announced it has reached an agreement to sell the assets of its Lexington, KY facility to CoorsTek.
- The armor business is in the process of being wound down in the current financial year.
- CoorsTek has invested $50 million in the business over the past two years and the completion of this transaction is expected to take place in H2 FY23.