European stocks opened lower on Thursday, with the FTSE 100 down 1.55%. On Thursday, major news included Vodafone, M&G, Supply@ME, and Next.
- Vodafone announced the retirement of two members of its Group Executive committee.
- Rosemary Martin, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary will retire on 31 March 2023.
- Furthermore, Johan Wibergh, Group Chief Technology Officer, will retire on 31 December after eight years with Vodafone.
- M&G announced the appointment of its new Chief Executive and Executive Director, Andrea Rossi.
- Andrea will take up his new position on 10 October, succeeding John Foley.
- John will step down as CEO but will remain at M&G in an advisory capacity.
- Supply@ME reported its interim results, which saw an operating loss of £2.52 million.
- Total revenue fell to £0.2 million compared to £0.3 million in the prior year.
- Its shares have fallen 2.74% on Thursday.
- Next reported profit before tax of £401 million.
- The group’s full-year pre-tax profit fell by £20 million to £840 million.
- Next shares fell 9.8%.