As we head into the Christmas period, things are starting to die down, but we still have updates from a few companies we follow here at MoPh Markets, including Ocado (LON: OCDO), Currys (LON: CURY), and TUI (LON: TUI).
Here’s why we are watching these stocks next week…
- We were fairly bearish on Ocado in the aftermath of the pandemic, and not much has changed since.
- On some earnings calendars, it is stated that Ocado will release a trading update on Wednesday, although we can’t see any confirmation on the company’s own financial calendar.
- Nevertheless, even though web traffic and Google Search interest have steadied in recent months, we still lean bearish for now.
- Ocado recently halted its expansion plans as demand for online groceries continues to decline.
- TUI will post its annual report on Wednesday, December 14,
- We are overall bullish long-term on airlines, but over the Christmas period, we have a Neutral bias.
- Even so, we expect TUI to provide a Christmas period outlook in line with the rest of the market (solid demand).
- According to Semrush data, traffic to TUI’s UK website is only slightly off recent highs providing a reason to be positive on its near-term outlook.
- Currys will release its interim results on Thursday, December 15.
- We expect the current macroeconomic outlook to have impacted Currys demand.
- Looking ahead, despite its shares being down 40% this year, inflation is sure to have an impact on near-term demand, pressuring Currys share price.