Here are the top stories from London Listed Stocks on Tuesday…
Legal & General
- Reported an operating profit of £1.16 billion, an 8% increase from £1.08 billion in H1 2021.
- Earnings per share also gained 8% to 19.28p.
- In addition, the company announced a dividend of 5.44p, a 5% boost from 5.18p in the previous year.
- The hotel company reported revenue of $1.79 billion, a growth of 52% from the same period in the prior year.
- Meanwhile, operating profit rose 162% to $361 million after travel rebounded.
- Furthermore, IHG announced its share buyback program of $500 million after healthy profits.
- Shares of IHG fell 2% on Tuesday morning.
- The property developer reported record housing revenue, which rose by 13% to over £3.5 billion.
- Furthermore, Bellway announced a strong forward sales position, with an order book comprising 7,223 homes at a value of £2.11 billion.
- Bellway has recovered the majority of its losses after its share price fell considerably.
- Crestchic has reported a trading update that is significantly ahead of previous expectations.
- Trading momentum has accelerated, and the group benefitted from securing its largest ever hire contract.
- This record contract win and the strength of ongoing trading have led the Board to significantly increase its profit expectations for the year as a whole.
- Crestchic shares have surged 17.3% on Tuesday following the update.