Wednesday brings the latest news from some of the biggest London-listed stocks…
- Joules said on Tuesday it was no longer in talks with retailer Next over a potential £15 million equity investment.
- Joules tumbled almost 50% following the announcement.
- Joules has been struggling with its finances as consumers have been more cautious due to inflation. The company added it was developing a turnaround plan to drive higher profitability through better pricing and promotional strategy.
- Redrow reported its final results, which saw revenue reach £2.14 billion from £1.94 billion in 2021.
- Underlying profit before tax came in at £410 million, up 31% from the previous year.
- The company also raised its dividend to 22p per share from 18.5p per share.
- Purplebricks announced the appointment of Adrian Gill and Gareth Helm to its board as independent Non-Executive Directors.
- They will both join the board from 1 October 2022.
- Adrian Blair will step down as a Non-Executive Director on 1 October 2022 following four years as a member of the board.