Check out some of the biggest stories from London-listed stocks on Thursday…
- Jet2 Executive Chairman Phillip Meeson made a statement at its annual general meeting.
- Meeson stated, “Our Leisure Travel business continues to benefit from the significant investment we made in preparation for the Summer 2022 season, retaining over 8,000 loyal colleagues during the pandemic.”
- Overall, customer bookings remained strong, and pricing remains robust.
- Furthermore, Winter 2022/23 forward bookings are satisfactory, with average load factors matching those of Winter 2019/20.
- Loopup announced a new material contract win and provided a business update for Cloud Telephony.
- The cloud platform announced a new material contract win expected to generate £10 million of revenue and £5 million of net cash from October 2022 to September 2023.
- In addition, Cloud Telephony saw a 133% increase in customer wins and a 252% increase in individual contract wins.
- Loopup surged 33% following the announcement.
- Mode Global announced on Thursday that it is now offering Bitcoin cashback to users from over 300 leading UK retailers.
- Via an affiliate partnership, Mode has been offering cashback in Bitcoin to users, who can shop with household names and be rewarded in Bitcoin for it.
- This enables users to grow their crypto assets without risking their own capital.
- Rio Tinto and Turquoise Hill reach an agreement in principle for Rio Tinto to acquire full ownership of Turquoise Hill.
- Shareholders will receive $43 per share from Rio Tinto.
- Furthermore, the deal will give Rio greater control of the key Mongolian copper mine.
- Shares of Rio are down 2.6%.