Dive into the top stories from London Listed Stocks on Wednesday…
- Deliveroo’s revenue was up 12% to £1.01 billion.
- Gross transaction volume (GTV) increased 7% to £3.56 billion.
- Reported a wider pre-tax loss of £147 million in H1 2022.
- Shares increased 3.68%.
- Reported a strong first half results, with operating profit up 14% to £829 million.
- UK & Ireland Life sales up 4% to £16.8bn.
- The insurance company increased its interim dividend by 40% to 10.3p.
- Aviva shares have surged 9%.
- Holiday group Tui posted an underlying pre-tax loss of €27 million
- Tui has revealed a €75 million hit from the recent travel chaos that crippled airports and led to flight cancellations and lengthy delays.
- In Q3, the company operated at 82% of capacity, with customers at 84% of 2019 levels.
- Admiral’s pre-tax profit was down 48% to £251.3 million in the six months ended June 30, although that figure was 19% higher than 2019.
- Turnover rose 6% to £1.85 billion from £1.75 billion in 2021.
- The board declared an interim dividend of 60.0p per share, made up of a normal dividend of 44.2p and a special dividend of 15.8p.
- Admiral shares rallied 4.8% on Wednesday.