There are a few London-listed companies reporting this week. Here are the stocks (and data points) we are watching:
IHG – Will Travel Demand Translate into Bookings
- IHG is set to report earnings this week, August 9, and given the surging travel demand, it is one to watch.
- IHG website traffic hit an all-time high in July, according to Senrush, topping 18.3 million visits.
- With competitor Marriott topping earnings and revenue expectations last week, benefitting from rising demand and higher rates, the signs are positive ahead of IHG’s release.
Savills – The UK Housing Market May Be Slowing
- Estate agent Savills will also report this week, August 11.
- I don’t know about you, but estate agents have increased their emails and calls to me in recent weeks, asking if I’m still interested in purchasing a property (I’m not).
- With UK house prices falling in July for the first time in more than a year, it’s no surprise.
- Even so, Savills website traffic, despite a recent dip, is still elevated.
Boohoo – Demand Declining
- Much like Asos, we have a slightly bearish view on Boohoo at the moment.
- Its shares are down over 48% this year and have been moving sideways in recent weeks.
- The current macro environment doesn’t suggest a demand turnaround in the near term, and what’s more interesting is Google Search interest for Boohoo over the last few years has steadily declined. So will we see Boohoo shares break lower this week?