Wednesday’s morning roundup sees the lates news across UK stocks. The FTSE has opened higher this morning as it attempts to push back towards its record highs. Elsewhere, Barratt Developments reported solid profit growth, Argo Blockchain announced higher operation update and JD Sports reported an update on latest acquisitions.
- Barratt Developments reported its half year results, announcing revenue up 23.9% to £2.8bn.
- The group posted strong operational performance, delivering 6.9% growth in total home completions, whilst its adjusted profit before tax was up 15.9% at £521.5m.
- Barratt expects to deliver between 16,500 to 17,000 home completions for FY23.
- Argo Blockchain reported its January operation update on Wednesday.
- Argo mined 168 Bitcoin or Bitcoin equivalents during the month, up 14% from December.
- As of January 31, the company held 115 Bitcoin and its total hashrate continues to be 2.5 EH/s.
- Mining revenue amounted to £2.8m for the month.
- JD Sports have announced it has formally completed its divestment of the businesses which trade as Tessuti, Scotts, Choice, Giulio and Cricket to Frasers Group.
- Separately, the Rascal Clothing brand has been withdrawn from the transaction and the divestment of Rascal completed on 6 February.
- JD expect to complete the divestment of the business in due course.