It’s a mixed bag this week with Aviva (LON: AV.), Burberry (LON: BRBY), and EasyJet (LON: EZJ) on our watchlist — all for different reasons. Here’s what we are looking out for:
- Aviva surged Friday, climbing almost 10% to a high of 428.3p and closing the session up over 5% at 409p.
- The rise was due to rumours that the insurance company is at the centre of takeover talks, with a “foreign buyer” interested.
- Names such as Allianz, Intact Financial and Tryg were reported to be potential interested parties.
- The rumours have refused to die down, and Aviva refused to comment, so if they persist, we could see the stock continue to edge higher this week.
- Burberry shares declined last week after a more than 3.5% drop on Monday.
- The fall was due to UBS downgrading the stock to Sell.
- However, there have been a few analyst notes in the last couple of weeks suggesting the market is becoming more cautious on the luxury sector.
- Online demand data doesn’t suggest a significant decline in Buurberry demand, but we feel the BRBY share price is one to keep an eye on this week.
- EasyJet will post a full-year trading update on Thursday, October 12.
- Despite a recent dip, EZJ shares are up over 52% in the last 12 months.
- The low-cost carrier is expected to report a hike in profit and revenue.
- Despite inflation, demand for travel remains strong, and we anticipate a positive release from EZJ.
By Sam Boughedda