Dive into the top stories from London Listed Stocks on Monday…
- Cineworld has responded to recent media speculation, which sent its shares significantly lower.
- The company confirmed it is considering Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is evaluating strategic options to achieve its restructuring objectives.
- Cineworld is in discussions with many of its major stakeholders, including its secured lenders and their legal and financial advisers.
- Any filing will allow the group to access near-term liquidity and support the orderly implementation of a fully funded deleveraging transaction.
- Vodafone announces it has agreed non-binding terms in relation to the sale of Vodafone Hungary for €1.8 billion to 4iG and Corvinus.
- This represents a multiple of 9.1x Adjusted EBITDA for the 12-month period ending 31 March 2022, according to Vodafone.
- Nick Read, Chief Executive of Vodafone, said: “The Hungarian Government has a clear strategy to build a Hungarian owned national champion in the ICT sector.”
- Wizz Air has announced a leadership change on Monday.
- Group Chief Financial Officer of Wizz Air, Jourik Hooghe, has decided to step down to pursue opportunities outside of the company.
- Jourik will be available during the transition period until December 31st, 2022.
- Ian Malin will be joining Wizz Air on October 1 2022, to take on the Group Chief Financial Officer position.