Here are the stocks (and data points) we are watching this week:
- Asos has declined significantly, down 74.2% in the past 12 months and 57.7% this year
- However, given current demand trends, it would not surprise us to see it move lower.
- Online trends, including our tracking of Twitter mentions, show a significant decline over the last few months, down 55% since its April spike.
- If you are familiar with MoPh Markets, you may know we have been bullish on airline stocks (rightly or wrongly, depending on your timeframe) for a while now.
- EasyJet is another stock we track, but while we are not yet fully convinced, given the recent troubles for the travel industry (cancellations/delays), recent signs suggest they have eased, with Twitter mentions declining from the recent chaos-related spike.
- With EZJ down more than 28% this year, we will be watching this week.
- Despite being one of many companies that benefitted significantly from the pandemic, Hargreaves Lansdown’s share price has been declining for some time.
- When looking at its website data, it’s easy to explain the more recent fall, with website visits falling from 19.6 million in March 2021 to 6.2 million in July.
- The financial services firm is set to report earnings this week on Friday, August 5.
- Given the recent rally in stocks, will Hargreaves Lansdown’s share price push further above its recent lows?